So this last six months has gone by in a bit of a whirlwind! I can hardly believe the last thing I wrote about was not wearing make up, back in November 2016, as it seems like a million months ago since.
In the time between, so many things have happened. Here’s a short list…
- I’ve celebrated a year of being with my wonderful boyfriend James, unarguably top of the list
- I’ve completed two triathlons at Westbury and Portishead, where James won his first ever trophy!
- Acted as a photographer for James while he took on Storm the Castle at Ludlow
- I’ve run the third fastest 10k I’ve ever run at Bristol 10k (47 minutes… woop!)
- I have absolutely NO IT BAND PAIN and have not had for a long while now! This is a big deal…
- I have – obviously – started swimming and cycling again for the first time since I was a teenager
- Bought our first ever tri suits – oooh la la
- We ran our first ever Park Run in Westport – and it was faaaast!
- We have been on lots of Cornish coastal runs – and are adding bike rides to it as well
- James and I have become absolute masters of all the Lean in 15 green edition and Jamie Oliver’s Save with Jamie recipes
- We have been on a 40km tandem bike ride from Achill Island to Westport in Ireland, a new experience indeed!
- And there is also a SUPER EXCITING SECRET thing that has been keeping us ultra busy, that we can’t share with you just yet… but watch this space…
Seriously, it’s been great fun re-learning two new sports. Although I blanche at the idea of getting out of my warm and cosy bed at 6.30am to get into a cold and crowded pool, trying to beat my 400m average time of around 11 minutes (and James promising me coffee) seems to do the trick.
James and I have been living together since last year, so he knows all the tips and tricks for getting me out of bed, something that is a very, very useful quality in a partner when you need moving out the door while training for a triathlon!
Cycling has been quite the experience. I bought myself a Wiggle Hybrid for my birthday – and it is perfect.
We can fit both our bikes in our little Citroen C1 (Terry), by taking the wheels off – and this is how we arrive at events, James on his fancy road bike and me on my sturdy Wiggle-mobile! I am getting faster, but my quads still scream at me in advance of impending hills and I don’t have the ‘power’ in my legs just yet that seasoned cyclists do. Spinning down a hill at high speed though, I am an expert at.
I definitely plan to return to blogging more regularly now, especially since we have so much going on. Our next event is the amazing Newham 10k in London, and I can’t wait to review the course in a follow-up blog. Finishing in the Olympic Park, how epic will that be?
Better go get an early night – tomorrow is swim morning. Gah. Until next time!